GriefChat is a way of connecting bereaved people directly to trained bereavement counsellors through a live chat programme, which can be hosted on ANY website.
We've developed this service as we know that so many organisations and businesses would like to provide better care for bereaved people, but don't have the skills or resources to provide support and counselling themselves.
Now, using today's technology, we can solve that problem and open up grief support to any organisation that wants to provide it, straight to any person who wants to access it.
- Access to realtime, online chat, provided by qualified, experienced bereavement counsellors
- Advice, support, reassurance and understanding for grieving people
- Information about grief and how bereavement affects both individuals and families
- Signposting to helpful online and in-print information about bereavement
- Information and signposting to local bereavement care services across the UK.
- Access to Professional Help’s UK-wide team of professional counsellors for ongoing face to face or telephone counselling
- Support and training for staff members on introducing the GriefChat service, supporting bereaved people and communicating with bereaved customers
- Management information including utilisation statistics and trends.
Why use GriefChat?
- GriefChat provides an immediate and satisfactory response for users and a better customer engagement experience
- GriefChat is highly accessible from desktop and mobile devices
- GriefChat can be completely anonymous where the customer prefers this
- Online chat leaves over 85% of customers feeling satisfied, compared with 61% via email support and 48% for social media support*
- Research shows that online counselling can be just as effective as face to face therapy**
- Online chat appeals to a wide range of people and especially to those who might normally be reluctant to access traditional telephone and face to face counselling services.
** Meta-Analysis of the Effectiveness of Internet-Based Psychotherapeutic Interventions 2008 – Barrak, Hen, Boniel-Nissim & Shapira
GRIEFCHAT - TRANSFORMING ACCESS TO BEREAVEMENT CARE
We believe that GriefChat has many helpful applications - for businesses whose customers have been bereaved and who wish to provide early, immediate emotional support; for charities, hospices and health organisations; and for the funeral profession and allied industries who are keen to support their customers better. We are committed to transforming access to bereavement care in the UK - why not join us?
GriefChat has been designed to provide front-line support to bereaved people. It is not envisaged to be an in-depth bereavement counselling service but will provide information, reassurance, normalisation and signposting into other helpful services. GriefChat can arrange for bereaved people to access longer-term bereavement counselling either through our own network of counsellors (for which a fee may be payable by the client) or through a local bereavement care organisation (which may be fee paying or free if provided by a charity) as we believe that while GriefChat allows people the opportunity to chat about their experience and reach out for support; longer-term and in-depth counselling work can often be better delivered over the telephone or face to face. If your organisation has a list of preferred counsellors or even an in-house counsellor, please do let us know and we would be pleased to refer clients originating from your website to these.
GriefChat Counsellors are all part of the Professional Help Associate Counselling Team, which means that they have been very carefully selected for their experience, aptitude and qualifications. All of our counsellors hold as a minimum a diploma-level qualification in counselling, with many achieving degree and postgraduate qualifications. Our counsellors must undergo professional supervision and provide evidence of continuing professional development. They have all been thoroughly vetted and hold a recent, clear DBS check.
We would love to answer your questions about GriefChat, or to go right ahead and set you up! Please get in touch:
Professional Help Limited
Burton in Kendal
OR - Simply message us through the GriefChat button!
"We're always looking at new ways to support our families.
Proud to have signed up to GriefChat today and look forward to working with them!"
Anstey Funerals, Leicester
"GriefChat is set to become a must have on every good funeral director website"
Gerry King, Managing Director, Funeral Director Websites
"Wonderful idea. So needed."
Mandie Howard, @f2fcounselling
"We're delighted to be offering the GriefChat service to our users and excited about the improved access to trained bereavement support that it provides"
The MuchLoved Charitable Trust